Monday, September 8, 2008

The Latest

School has started up again--I guess that's why it has been over a month since my last post. This new school year has been a big change--I'm learning a new reading program, I'm getting used to saying "give me 5" twenty times more often throughout the day than I had to in 5th grade, and I'm even getting used to the miniature chairs that really only fit half of my rear end. But it has been good. I LOVE getting off at 11:30 and meeting up with Todd and Grady wherever they are having lunch, and then being done for the day! I can't believe what I am able to accomplish. Unfortunately my house is still not spotless--but I do seem to accomplish way more each day and most importantly Grady and I just get to hang out more. I love it! Grady's new thing is saying "no" to everything. It doesn't matter if I'm asking if he wants a spankin or ice cream, the answer is always no. We had a fun little bout of sickness this past week--Grady was SO healthy all summer and then came down with a nasty cold this week. To make matters worse, he had an allergic reaction to a medicine which made him break out in a nasty rash everywhere. AND he also has 6 teeth coming in--so that's added to all of the fun. It will be good for him to have a few more teeth...with these new ones he'll be quadrupaling his chewing power. Todd played in his final softball tournament--Northwest Nationals--and wasn't too happy with the way things turned out. Surprisingly, though, it didn't take him too long to get over it. Maybe he really does like us and want to spend more time with us! :) Actually, he's already talking about next season...blah, blah, blah...

2 comments:

blogarama mamma said...

Sounds like things are going well. Glad to hear it. Keep posting pictures. i love to see that cutie. He is so handsome.

jana said...

Humm.. What medicine was that Ben just had a reaction to his medicine last month or when ever. I dont' keep track of time it is just events. So after PL and before school. I will have to ask you a few questions about a certain student of yours the next time I see you.