Sunday, March 9, 2008
March 9th, 2008
Well another weekend has come and gone. I wish I could say that I relaxed all weekend long and am pumped for another week of work. In reality, however, I did not have a relaxing weekend at all. Actually, today I am feeling pretty cool and relaxed, but Saturday was not the usual type of Saturday that I look forward to so much. I've realized what all of the stress of that day stemmed from, though. You see, I have two roommates. Todd 1 and Todd 2. Todd 2 likes to wake up at the crack of dawn so as to make sure that I never get to sleep in past 7 am, not even on a Saturday. Todd 1 can never be the one to get up with him you see. And on this particular Saturday morning, that sweet little boy was squirming and fussing to be fed at like 4:30 am. So that was fun. It is amazing (and a little scary) what I can do while I am half asleep because somehow Grady always ends up in our bed and somehow he gets fed. Anyway, then I spent my whole day helping out (actually more than "helping" out) Todd 1 with a Biology lab project that was due. He likes to wait til the last minute on things. After 7 hours of lab work, I got to scramble to put together a playlist for the Tri-Stake dance that we were so lucky to DJ. Our laptop crashed (again) a week or so ago so we lost all of the many songs we had downloaded and paid for out of our own small pocket. We then spent until 11:00 pm DJing and such. Anyhow, by 11:00 pm I was grumpy and ready to be done with the day. Actually, I was grumpy by around 11 am. And then to top it all off...it was Spring Forward so I lost an hour off of my sleep last night. But like I said today has been so much better. We were able to go to Haley's (sp?) blessing and have a good lunch with the fam. Carrie, Eric, Julee, and Jon--we missed you guys. :) Oh yes, there is one more issue I need to bring up...for all of you out there who have not yet given in to your husband's demands for an Xbox, Playstation, or other gaming system...don't give in!!!!! Be strong. Every time a new game comes out I become a single parent and widowed wife. Seriously. Baseball 2K8 just came out and I basically have not associated with my husband since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey we miss you guys too! But thanks for the advice I will be strong.
Hey guys! This is Bo Beus (as if you know alot more Bo's). Anyways, Cassidy somehow found Kevin's blog the other day so I thought I'd stalk you guys and see if you had a blog. Your blog is hilarious. It must be fun living around so many old friends and family members in O town. We're down in Galveston, Texas sweating like crazy.
Anyways, glad to see you guys are good. Grady is pretty darn cute. Who would've thought?
By the way, Charee, I taught high school last year and know what it's like to spend every minute watching the clock and counting down the days to summer break. Hope time passes by fast for you.
Post a Comment