Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For Sale

So our house is up for sale. I didn't think I would be sad at all because I am so desperate for more space...but as I think back on all of our hard work (okay so all of Todd's hardwork) it is kind of sad to think that we could be giving this place up. Here is a before and after look at our cozy little home.

TREES, TREES, and MORE TREES (The house used to not be visible from the street...we are not tree haters and we do love the environment but I was feeling majorly claustrophobic.) So in one day we brought down probably 20 trees/bushes in our yard.
MASTER BEDROOM WALLS (Not what you hope to find after scraping wallpaper for two whole days)
THE PICTURE BELOW SHOWS WHAT WE RIPPED OUR HOUSE DOWN TO AFTER WE FOUND THE CONDITION OF THE WALLS UNDER LAYERS AND LAYERS OF WALLPAPER
DINING AREA AFTER
MASTER BEDROOM AFTER

KITCHEN BEFORE

KITCHEN AFTER
LIVING ROOM BEFORE(floor to ceiling wallpaper)
LIVING ROOM AFTER
EXTERIOR BEFORE
EXTERIOR AFTER

Thanks to everyone who helped us get this far...both of our dad's for electrical and plumbing work, my mom for helping me strip wall paper for two days before we ended up just tearing the walls out, Debbie for helping Todd paint the whole place while I volunteered at a track meet, Carrie and Eric for spending one whole vacation day sanding the green paint off the original kitchen cabinets before Todd came home and chucked them, Heath for electrical work and re-siding help, Brad for breaking up the ancient tub that was in here and weighed a thousand pounds, Wendy for helping get everything hung, and poor Matt who spent most of his senior year working for free!

12 comments:

Wendy said...

To give myself a little more credit - I scrubbed all of your appliances that you were too afraid to clean out and were willing to throw out and replace (fridge, washer, etc) while you and mom were crying about the wall paper and mold.

No but really, it looks so GREAT! I was glad you posted the before pictures. I had forgotten how far it has come. It looks so much better. Way to make your bed for the picture :).

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

Hey you forgot to include me, I.....I...ok so I didn't do anything but I was like moral support. Wow holy cow I didn't realize what a dump the house was at the beginning props for the major flip we should submit the story to HGTV.

Black Family said...

So for sale huh.....what are the plans....where are you moving to? I am glad we are not there....we would be so sad.....we are already sad that we don't get to walk over and hang out whenever with you guys. So how much are you selling it for? I am so excited for you guys! I totally forgot what the house looked like before...it was cool to see before and after pictures. Miss you guys

Ashley said...

Wow, you worked so hard. It looks great!!

Esther K said...

I'm dying to know if you're moving in next to my folks! Regardless, you sure did a lot of work on the house you're in, and I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it. Good luck finding a new place! Blessings!

-Esther

Eric and Carrie said...

We all should get a cut of the profit when you sell the place...right??

tiff said...

Wow I never realized what the place looked like in side..... Good thing you married right.. ha It really looks great. Hopefully you get it sold and can move on to your next project........

Brooke said...

You made it look so nice! And your next house will look even better now that you've had so much practice. Good work.

Heatherbether said...

You guys are better people than us--you actually finish your projects! Your house is so cute; you have great taste! Where are you moving to? Better be somewhere in Othello. Let me guess...back to first ward?? Blah!! (just kidding first warders who read this and become really offended).

blogarama mamma said...

Wow, that was a lot of work and turned out so cute. Maybe I will have to get some interior design ideas from you. Where will you move? Lorraine and Eric probably have room, their kids are mostly gone now.

Tracy said...

What a super cute house, you guys did such a great job. I can definetly feel your pain on moving out of a place that you, or your husband, put a lot of hard work into.

Mel said...

You guys did a good job. Maybe a career of flipping houses is in your future.