Sunday, May 4, 2008

Grady's First Haircut and Birthday Party

A lot has happened this past week. Here are some highlights: Grady put a dead fly in his mouth at church last Sunday, we attended Todd's softball games on Wednesday, Todd's family was in town for a cousin's wedding on Thursday, Grady got his first haircut on Thursday night, and on Friday we had an early birthday party for Grady! First about the fly...I could've barfed when I saw what was squeezed between my son's lips. I took a handful of wipeups and did a thorough wiping of the whole mouth area (in and out). I guess not even the church is safe crawling ground. On Wednesday night we attended Todd's weekly softball games...I really like going but they play two games so by the end of it I am definitely ready to go home. Grady loves to crawl around the park and put sunflower seed shells and such in his mouth. Thursday was Todd's cousin's wedding. Todd got to go to the wedding but I had to work. On Thursday night, though, we got together with his family at his grandma's house. It was fun because Todd's grandma who is really struggling with Alzheimer's, really loved making noises and playing with Grady. While we were there, Todd's aunt Reva gave Grady his first haircut. It turned out really cute, and he actually looks older...like a boy not a baby anymore. Then on Friday, I took a personal day from school because Carrie and Eric were in town for one more day. It was a good thing I took the day off because I spent most of the day just getting things ready for Grady's early b-day party. I guess that is why I never have people over...it's a lot of work and to tell you the truth during the party I wanted someone else to be serving ME cake. We had a barbeque, had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. By the end of it all, Grady was basically falling asleep while he ate his cake. It was a lot of fun and was nice to just be with family and friends. Grady continues to get closer and closer to leaving crawling behind him. He walks around quite a bit but still drops down to crawl when he wants to get somewhere fast. I spend most of the 3 hours of church in the hallway...I guess that is why today they asked me to serve in the nursery!

No comments: