Grady had his first "accident" this past week. It all happended in the Red Robin parking lot, where we were in the process of switching cars and loading up after having dinner with my family. Todd was ahead of me with the stroller, and when he reached the truck he stood Grady up on the back seat of his truck while he turned to fold up the stoller. I was about 30 feet behind them, lugging Grady's 90 pound car seat (it is so big and annoying to have to move). As soon as Todd stepped away to fold up the stroller, Grady started after him. I watched the whole thing in slow motion. Grady went diving out of the back of the truck head first and hit the pavement. As it was happening, I screamed and was thinking to myself that my son's head was going to crack open. I was seriously scared to death. I ran over to pick him up to find that his face was scratched up and he had a big goose egg on his head (very minimal injuries compared to what I was expecting). He cried for a minute or so and then was fine. It is so amazing how babies' bodies are built to withstand just about anything! By the next morning, his goose egg was gone and now, a few days later, his scratches are healing well too. So everything turned out okay even though it was seriously such a scary moment. Todd, however, has been banned forever from loading Grady up in the car. :)
Eric, Carrie, and baby Lillie were in town this past week. It was our first time to see 3 month old Lillie! She is adorable! Being with her this past week made me realize how hard Grady really was as a baby. I don't know why it was so hard to finally admit or realize that, but as I watched Lillie lay on the floor under the Happy Hippo Gym for hours (the same gym that Grady NEVER used b/c he basically wouldn't even let me lay him down) I came to that realization. I partly blame his traumatic delivery--9 lb. 10 oz. babies should never be birthed out of the birth canal! Poor little guy. And poor me. Anyway, Grady has become MUCH easier over the past year...even with the messes that he now makes and the fits he tries to throw when he doesn't get his way. I can't believe we are coming up on his first birthday! Todd and I both look at him everyday and are basically in awe at how big he is. We have no concerns about him being picked on as a child--he is not a scrawny little boy and Todd has basically already given him permission to beat up anyone who has something to say about his red hair.
2 comments:
That's a win for Todd. No more car loading duties?? Brilliant move my friend.
j/k of course. It's easy for me to say that having not seen the head first fall into pavement. Glad to hear he's OK.
I miss Grady already. I can't wait for his birthday party. I'm going to have a hard time saying goodbye to that little redhead. I love the second photo, what a handsome boy!
Post a Comment